ABC Meatball Soup
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Quaker® oats quick or old-fashioned uncooked
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce or ketchup
- 48 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup alphabet-shaped pasta
- 1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables 10 ounces do not thaw
- Heat broiler. Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Transfer to a sheet of foil. Pat mixture into 9 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 1-1/2-inch squares; roll each square into a ball to make 24 meatballs.
- Arrange meatballs on broiler pan. Broil meatballs 6 to 8 inches from heat about 6 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- While meatballs cook, bring chicken broth to boil in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add pasta and frozen vegetables; return to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender.
- Add meatballs and cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Quaker.