Alaska Sole Capri
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh basil
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste (try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend & Sea Salt)
- 4 oz. Alaska Sole fillets (4 to 6 each) fresh, thawed, or frozen
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges if desired
- Bring clam juice and wine to a boil in a large (12-inch) nonstick pan; stir in basil and tomatoes. Cook down slightly. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Sole fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray then heat butter over medium-high heat. Add sole fillets; cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Gently turn fillets over and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. (Reduce cook time by half for fresh or thawed fillets.) Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of topping over fillets to serve.
Recipe courtesy of alaskaseafood.org