Apple, Bacon & Arugula Sandwich
Sweet, crunchy apple partners with salty bacon, peppery baby arugula and nutty Gruyère cheese to create this sensational sandwich.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 12 ounce thick-sliced bacon
- 4 ounce sliced Gruyère cheese
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Apple
- 1 ounce Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Arugula or Petites Lettuce Leaves
- 4 rolls such as francese or ciabatta
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it is crispy. Drain on paper towels.
While the bacon is cooking, cut the apple into flat, even slices. Split the rolls and toast lightly. Melt the cheese onto the top half of the rolls, if you like.
Place a layer of arugula on the bottom of a roll. Top with one quarter of the bacon and apple slices. Cover with some of the cheese (if you didn’t melt it), then top with the remaining half of the roll. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Earthbound Farm.