Apple Dumpling French Toast Bake
- 2 Granny Smith apples diced
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 6 small croissants torn in bite size pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet, sauté apples with sugars until apples are tender and sugar is caramelized. Add vanilla, and stir. Remove from heat.
- While apples are cooking, in small bowl, mix butter with cinnamon and ginger.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Beat in Bisquick® mix and butter mixture with whisk. Add in pieces of croissant; allow them to soak while apples cook.
- When apples are ready, add apple mixture to soaking croissants. Stir to combine. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Betty Crocker