Apple Dumpling French Toast Bake
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 Granny Smith apples diced
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 6 small croissants torn in bite size pieces
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
In 10-inch skillet, sauté apples with sugars until apples are tender and sugar is caramelized. Add vanilla, and stir. Remove from heat.
While apples are cooking, in small bowl, mix butter with cinnamon and ginger.
In large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Beat in Bisquick® mix and butter mixture with whisk. Add in pieces of croissant; allow them to soak while apples cook.
When apples are ready, add apple mixture to soaking croissants. Stir to combine. Pour into baking dish.
Bake 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Betty Crocker