Bacon, Cheddar and Mushroom Burger
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Marinate mushrooms for 30 minutes in Worcestershire sauce (reserving 1 tablespoon).
- Combine mayonnaise, remaining Worcestershire, mustard, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade (discard unused marinade) and grill; slice mushrooms.
- Form ground chuck into 4 patties. Season with salt and pepper and grill. Just before desired doneness is reached (recommended 160°F internal temperature), top burgers with cheese and grill until cheese melts.
- Generously spread bun with flavored mayonnaise, top with burgers, red onion, mushrooms and bacon.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.