Baked Brie with Caramelized Plums
It’s an appetizer. No, it’s a dessert! However you choose to orchestrate your dinner party, this one will be a stand-out. Savory and sweet are age-old companions and here they unite again beautifully. The tarty sweetness of caramelized plums layered on top of the rich, melted Président Mini-Brie creates a harmonious blend of decadent flavors.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Plums pitted
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary chopped
- Pinch Salt
- 15 oz Président® Mini-Brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice plums.
- Melt butter in small pan and add sugar, plums, and orange juice. Cook and stir until sugar melts and juice begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add rosemary and pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Slice rind of one side of Brie and place cut side up on an oven-safe plate or platter with enough rim to catch extra juices.
- Arrange plums and juices on top of Brie and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with bread, crackers, or toast.
Recipe and photo courtesy of President Cheese.