Baked Panko Crusted Cod
- 3-4 Cod Fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Panko Topping
- 1/2 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Ritz Crackers
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley If using dry, use 1/4 the amount
- 2 Tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Large Cloves of minced garlic 1 tsp if using dry
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cod fillets into 2″ size pieces so they will cook more evenly.
- Next, grease a large baking dish or sheet with some extra virgin olive oil or a generous coating of cooking spray.
- Place the pieces of cod on top, then season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Use a fork to toss gently, then sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the cod.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes at 350F for a single layer of fish to fully cook though. If there’s some overlapping cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the panko breadcrumb topping is a light golden brown and the fish has reached an internal temperature of 145 F.