Baked Pear Oatmeal
- 2 cups regular rolled oats or organic regular rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups water or milk, pear juice or apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup chopped fresh pears about 2 whole
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together water (or milk or juice), eggs, brown sugar, melted and cooled butter, and vanilla extract. Add oat mixture to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in chopped pears.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until set, about 40 - 50 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill.