Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A and fiber. They make a flavorful option to ordinary fries and are perfect to serve as a healthful appetizer or as a side dish with roast pork or baked ham.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon Ground, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into shoestrings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Toss sweet potatoes with oil in large bowl. Add spice mixture; toss to coat well. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned, turning halfway through baking time.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream, yogurt, honey and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Serve sweet potatoes with dip.
Photo and recipe courtesy of McCormick.