Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or yellow onion separated into rings
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce (try Caraluzzi's Honey Barbecue Sauce)
- 1 12-inch prepared pizza crust or Italian bread shell
- 1-3/4 cups 7 oz. Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion rings; cook 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add barbecue sauce; simmer 1 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place pizza crust on foil-lined baking sheet; top with chicken mixture and cheese. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Sargento.