Beef and Bean 5-Layer Dip
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package 8-ounce taco simmer sauce
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups medium or hot salsa
- 2 10 to 15-ounce each bags tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat; add ground beef and brown, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat and add taco sauce. Simmer 2 minutes, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Prepare a 15 x 10 x 2-inch baking dish by spreading the refried beans on the bottom in one consistent layer. Continue to layer with black beans, green chilies and reserved beef.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes to heat all layers. Remove from oven, top with shredded cheese, allowing cheese to melt slightly.
- Using a spoon, dollop sour cream evenly on surface of cheese and gently smooth it across the top. Top with salsa and serve with chips.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.