Beer Can Chicken
This Beer Can Chicken recipe is super easy to prepare and uses only 4 ingredients. Try Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry Whole Chicken for a great tasting antibiotic free bird.
- 1 whole chicken about 5 pounds - try Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry Whole Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning Substitutions available
- 1 can 12 ounces beer
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat (350°F to 375°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side of grill.
- Rub chicken with oil. Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the Chicken Seasoning. Sprinkle remaining Chicken Seasoning evenly over surface of chicken.
- Remove about 2 ounces of beer and poke 2 holes in top of can. Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened beer can into cavity. Stand chicken in upright position on unlit side of grill. Position legs to best support chicken (similar to a tripod). Close lid.
- Grill chicken 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F in the thigh). Remove chicken from can before serving.
Photo and recipe courtesy of McCormick.