Beyond Sausage Stuffed Peppers
This colorful dish is a delicious, plant-based meal that's quick and easy to make and features protein packed Beyond Sausage.
- 1 package Beyond Sausage® 4 total Sausages
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 4 oz. can green chilis
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup petite diced tomatoes
- ½ cup plant-based shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 bell peppers tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, plant-based pepper jack cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- De-case the Beyond Sausage links. In a pan, crumble the links and cook for about 4 minutes. Note: they will continue to cook in the oven, and you don’t want them to dry out.
- Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity. Place filled pepper in the prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through about 25-30 minutes.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Beyond Meat.