Block Party Brisket Beans
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® cooked
- brisket cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion diced (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped (about 2
- 1/4 cup bacon fat or butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 15-ounce cans pinto beans, drained
- and rinsed
- In a large pot over medium heat, add onion, garlic, bacon fat, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne until onions begin to get transparent. Stir in ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in brisket and beans. Simmer on very low heat, covered, for one hour to gently bring the flavors together.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.