Brie Phyllo Torte with fresh Raspberries
Brie is topped with fresh raspberries tossed in an apricot jam and placed inside a bed of phyllo dough sheets. The pie is baked until Brie is melted and phyllo is a flakey golden brown. Serve with crackers or French baguette for a sweet appetizer or savory dessert.
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 7 sheets phyllo pastry thawed
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 15 oz Président® Mini-Brie
- Preheat oven according to phyllo package directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Melt jam in small pan and gently toss raspberries in jam. Set aside.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on baking sheet and brush with butter.
- Layer another piece of phyllo across bottom piece and brush with butter. Keep layering phyllo and buttering each layer to create a rough-edged rectangle.
- Remove wrapping from Brie round and place in center of pastry.
- Gently gather phyllo up around Brie and use a strip of parchment paper to hold it in place, leaving an open top.
- Fill opening with raspberries and jam and bake for 25 minutes, or until phyllo is golden.
Recipe and photo courtesy of President Cheese.