Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Barcelona Dill Marinade
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 4 to 6 pounds American Lamb leg boned and butterflied
- 1/4 cup olive oil (try Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt )try Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt)
- 1 teaspoon pepper )try Caraluzzi’s Five Pepper Blend)
In medium bowl, blend olive oil, water, vinegar, capers, onion, pimento, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper; set aside.
In 13 x 9-inch non-metallic dish, place lamb and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 4 to 6 hours.
To Broil: Broil lamb 5 to 6 inches from heat, 35 to 45 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during broiling time.
To Grill: Cook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb 6 inches from coals for 40 to 50 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during grilling time.
Check meat internal temperature: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium or 170ºF for well. Once meat is done cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Recipe and photo courtesy of American Lamb.