Candied Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- 1 29 oz. Can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 3 Tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar divided
- 10 slices Fully Cooked Farmland® Hickory Smoked Bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange sweet potatoes in greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Drizzle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes on rack in center of oven.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, bacon and pecans.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Set oven to broil leaving rack in center of oven.
- Sprinkle bacon mixture over top of sweet potatoes. Broil on center rack for 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is bubbly and pecans start to brown.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Farmland Foods