Cheddar Beer & Brat Dip
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst chopped
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1-3/4 cups Sargento® Chef Blends® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- 6 soft pretzels heated according to package directions
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add chopped onion and cook until soft and slightly caramelized. Add garlic and chopped bratwurst.
Add beer to pan and allow to simmer until reduced by half. Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese has melted.
Remove pan from heat and add shredded cheese, stirring until blended. Sprinkle with scallions to garnish.
Serve as dip with soft pretzels.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Sargento.