Cheddar Beer & Brat Dip
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst chopped
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1-3/4 cups Sargento® Chef Blends® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- 6 soft pretzels heated according to package directions
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add chopped onion and cook until soft and slightly caramelized. Add garlic and chopped bratwurst.
- Add beer to pan and allow to simmer until reduced by half. Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese has melted.
- Remove pan from heat and add shredded cheese, stirring until blended. Sprinkle with scallions to garnish.
- Serve as dip with soft pretzels.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Sargento.