Cheesy Bacon Hasselback Potatoes
Zesty Italian dressing, bacon, chives and cheddar are the star ingredients in this recipe.
- 4 baking potatoes 1-1/2 lb.
- 6 Tbsp. zesty Italian dressing divided
- 12 slices bacon cooked, each broken into 4 pieces (try Caraluzzi’s Bacon)
- 4 oz. 1/2 of 8-oz. pkg. Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into 24 thin slices, then halved
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Cut thin lengthwise slice off bottom of each potato; discard. Place 2 wooden spoons on opposite long sides of 1 potato on cutting board. Cut potato crosswise into 24 thin slices, stopping when knife hits spoons. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Microwave on HIGH 12 to 14 min. or until potatoes are almost tender. Place in foil-lined 13x9-inch pan; brush evenly with 3 Tbsp. dressing. Bake 15 min. or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven. Heat broiler.
- Insert bacon pieces alternately with cheese slices between potato slices. Combine Parmesan and chives; sprinkle over potatoes. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat, 2 to 3 min. or until topping is lightly browned. Cut in half.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Kraft.