Cheesy Juicy Lucy Burger
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 14 minutes
Resting time 3 minutes
Total Time 24 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef 80/20 blend ideal
- 6 slices American cheese
- 3 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped (or substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Canola cooking spray
- 4 buns
- Grill pan or cast iron pan optional
Cut each cheese slice evenly into 4 squares; arrange in 4 stacks with 6 slices each.
In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire, salt and pepper; mix by hand.
Form beef mixture into 8 thin patties on a large sheet pan. With your thumb, press an indented well in the center of 4 patties and put the portioned cheese in the wells. Encase the cheese with the remaining 4 patties, hand forming your burger to a uniform shape with sealed edges. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Spray burgers with a light coat of cooking spray. Grill or pan sear over high heat 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cool side of grill or 375°F oven to finish cooking to an internal doneness of 160°F (5 to 8 minutes). Remove from grill and rest at least 3 minutes for cheese to set.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.