Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushroom
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt & Five Pepper Blend
Dredge chicken thighs in fl our, shake off excess.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken thighs in the hot oil, about 5 minutes per side. Set the chicken aside.
In the same skillet, cook and stir the onion and mushrooms until the mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Mix in the garlic, and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes, parsley, Italian seasonings, basil, salt, and black pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined. Rinse crushed tomato can with 1-2 Tbsp water and add to batch.
Stir in the chicken pieces and any accumulated juices, cover the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve over pasta or rice.