- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushroom
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt & Five Pepper Blend
- Dredge chicken thighs in fl our, shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken thighs in the hot oil, about 5 minutes per side. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the onion and mushrooms until the mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Mix in the garlic, and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, parsley, Italian seasonings, basil, salt, and black pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined. Rinse crushed tomato can with 1-2 Tbsp water and add to batch.
- Stir in the chicken pieces and any accumulated juices, cover the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve over pasta or rice.