Classic Connecticut Lobster Roll
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt (try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt)
- 2 lobsters 1 ½ lbs. each
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 Caraluzzi’s hot dog buns fresh from our Bakery
- 1 whole lemon quartered
- Bring a couple inches of water and sea salt to a boil in a large pot.
- Place lobsters in the pot, cover and steam for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the lobsters turn bright red.
- Rinse lobsters under cold water till they are easier to handle, and separate the meat from the shells. Chop lobster meat into large chunks.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in lobster meat. Remove lobster meat after thoroughly coated in butter.
- Add more butter to pan if needed. Open hot dog buns and lightly grill the inside of each bun.
- Divide meat amongst hot dog buns. Garnish with lemon or sprinkle with juice from a fresh lemon. Serve immediately.