Classic Lasagna - Gluten Free
- ½ to 1 lb ground meat beef, turkey, sausage, veal
- 24 ounce pasta sauce Try Caraluzzi's San Marzano Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes Italian style OR diced tomatoes with ½ tsp Italian seasoning added OR stewed tomatoes
- DePuma’s Gluten Free Frozen Lasagna Sheets
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese mixed or either grated Parmesan or Romano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt Try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper Try Caraluzzi's Five Pepper Blend
- 4 cups (1 lb) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Thaw frozen lasagna sheets in refrigerator.
- Grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Brown meat (or vegetables); drain. Add meat, tomatoes, and sauce to deep skillet, mixing well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low until heated through. (If your sauce is watery, you can cook longer to cook all down a little.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place thawed lasagna noodles in the bottom of the baking dish, slightly overlapping them.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan and Romano cheese (or either Parmesan or Romano), parsley flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Layer noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella, and meat sauce in that order. Repeat layering making sure you finish with the meat sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.