Classic Lasagna - Gluten Free
- ½ to 1 lb ground meat beef, turkey, sausage, veal
- 24 ounce pasta sauce Try Caraluzzi's San Marzano Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes Italian style OR diced tomatoes with ½ tsp Italian seasoning added OR stewed tomatoes
- DePuma’s Gluten Free Frozen Lasagna Sheets
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese mixed or either grated Parmesan or Romano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt Try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper Try Caraluzzi's Five Pepper Blend
- 4 cups (1 lb) mozzarella cheese, shredded
Thaw frozen lasagna sheets in refrigerator.
Grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
Brown meat (or vegetables); drain. Add meat, tomatoes, and sauce to deep skillet, mixing well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low until heated through. (If your sauce is watery, you can cook longer to cook all down a little.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place thawed lasagna noodles in the bottom of the baking dish, slightly overlapping them.
In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan and Romano cheese (or either Parmesan or Romano), parsley flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Layer noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella, and meat sauce in that order. Repeat layering making sure you finish with the meat sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.