Classic Steakhouse Salad with Blue Cheese
- 3 12-ounce Certified Angus Beef ® New York
- strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- try Caraluzzi’s Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend
- 1/3 cup olive oil try Caraluzzi’s Olive Oil
- 5 ounces spring mix lettuce greens
- 8 ounces fresh green beans trimmed &
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Coarse kosher salt & fresh pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl combine balsamic vinegar, honey and pepper. While whisking, slowly add oil to create a vinaigrette. Add slowly add oil to create a vinaigrette. Add a pinch of salt or more to taste; set aside.
- Preheat grill. Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- In a large bowl combine mixed greens, green beans and tomatoes. Lightly dress and gently toss salad (refrigerate extra dressing for another time). Serve with warm
- steak strips and garnish with blue cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef