Classic Steakhouse Salad
- 3 12-ounce Certified Angus Beef ® strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces spring mix lettuce greens
- 8 ounces fresh green beans trimmed and blanched
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, honey and pepper. While whisking, slowly add oil to create a vinaigrette. Add a pinch of salt or more to taste; set aside.
Preheat grill. Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, green beans and tomatoes. Lightly drizzle vinaigrette on salad and gently toss (refrigerate extra dressing for another time). Serve with warm steak strips and garnish with blue cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef