Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 lb. corned beef brisket
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 heads green cabbage about 3lbs- cored and coarsley sliced
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- Bring 12 cups water to a boil in an 8-quart stockpot. Add corned beef. Return to a boil and cook according to package directions.
- Removed corned beef to a cutting board and cool for about 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain and arrange in an open roasting pan or broiler pan, overlapping slices slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup in a small bowl. Mix well. Spread evenly on top or and between corned beef slices. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until glaze is browned.
- Heat oil in stockpot set over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and sugar. Cook, stirring frequently with a long-handled spoon, until crisp tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Arrange cabbage on a serving platter. Top with corned beef.
Serve with Green Giant Roasted Potatoes Vegetable Steamers for a side dish ready in minutes.