Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. Asparagus
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Leeks cleaned, cut in half and sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 6 cups low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste (try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend)
- Remove tough ends from asparagus stalks. Cut stalks into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil. Saute leeks until tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add asparagus stalks and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and partially cover pot. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a high-speed blender and puree. Return soup to pot. Add milk and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.