Creamy Pasta Primavera
This is the ultimate spring time pasta featuring asparagus, zucchini and red pepper.
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups penne pasta uncooked try Caraluzzi's Authentic Italian Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces (try Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry Chicken)
- 2 zucchini cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh asparagus spears 1-inch lengths
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. 1/2 of 8-oz. pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Add broth and Neufchatel; cook 1 min. or until Neufchatel is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Stir in Parmesan.
Drain pasta; return to pan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)
Photo and recipe courtesy of Kraft.