Deliciously Bold Eye of Round Roast
One of the best places for families to create memories is around the dinner table. Start a tradition today by making a satisfying, comforting dish your family will love, featuring flavorful, top-quality Certified Angus Beef brand cuts.
- 1 2 1/2-pound Certified Angus Beef eye of round roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine like Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Combine all marinade ingredients. Place roast in zipper-locking plastic bag and pour marinade over beef. Close bag, removing air. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Remove roast from marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade and preheat oven to 450°F. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 325°F. Cook approximately 70 minutes, until roast reaches medium rare (125-130°F).
Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving thinly against the grain.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.