Easy Beef Chili
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 jalepeños stems removed and finely minced
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- Optional toppings: shredded sharp cheddar sour cream, diced green onions
In a large heavy-bottom pot add beef, onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook, breaking up large pieces until no pink remains, approximately 10 minutes. Drain excess fat, if desired.
Add chili powder, cumin, ancho pepper, jalapeño and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, sauce, beans and paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Yields approximately 3 quarts.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.