Easy Deep Dish Pizza
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough thawed
- 4 cups 16 oz. Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut, divided
- 1-1/2 lb. lean pork sausage
- 3 cans 14-1/2 oz. each Italian or plum tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. fennel seeds crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms optional
Grease a 14x2-inch deep-dish pizza pan; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Roll bread dough to 16-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Press dough into bottom and 1 1/2-inches up sides of pan.
Sprinkle with 3 cups cheese; crumble sausage over cheese. Top with tomatoes, oregano, fennel, mushrooms, if desired, and remaining cheese.
Bake in preheated 500°F oven 5 minutes; reduce heat to 400°F and bake an additional 35 minutes or until crust is golden and sausage is cooked through.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Sargento.