Fettuccine Pasta with Crab and Meyer Lemon
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces Caraluzzi’s Fresh Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 pound Fresh Lump Crabmeat
- 2 tablespoon chives
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and increase the temp to high heat. Reduce the wine until dry, about 6 minutes. Add the chicken stock and reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter until melted. Then strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a larger saucepan. Stir in the Meyer lemon juice and zest, black pepper and season with salt. Stir the crab meat into the sauce and keep warm.
- When the water boils add the fettuccine, and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss in the pan with the sauce. Add chives, season with salt and serve.
- Can top with Fresh shaved or grated Parmesan (optional).
This recipe is an adaptation of one presented on the Today Show