Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 5 large portobello mushrooms stems removed washed and dried with a paper towel
- 1 Cup wild Rice dried
- 1 ¾ Cup water
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ Cup onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast optional
- 1 Cup grape/cherry tomatoes sliced
- 10 oz. bag of fresh spinach
- 4 slices of Udi’s Omega Flax and Fiber Bread tossed in garlic butter & toasted
Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave
safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
Steam your rice in a medium pot over medium heat, add your water, wild rice and fresh rosemary. Let this come to a boil, cover and turn the heat to low. Simmering for 25-30 minutes until tender.
Transfer your rice to a bowl and add in everything else. herbs, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast (optional), tomatoes, spinach and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly space your mushrooms on it.
Stuff each mushroom generously, lightly pressing down to make more room. You can slightly overfill these as well. Depending on your mushrooms, you might have rice remaining.
Transfer your mushrooms to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with bread crumbs and bake on broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp the tops.
Recipe courtesy of Udi's.