Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 5 large portobello mushrooms stems removed washed and dried with a paper towel
- 1 Cup wild Rice dried
- 1 ¾ Cup water
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ Cup onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast optional
- 1 Cup grape/cherry tomatoes sliced
- 10 oz. bag of fresh spinach
- 4 slices of Udi’s Omega Flax and Fiber Bread tossed in garlic butter & toasted
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave
- safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Steam your rice in a medium pot over medium heat, add your water, wild rice and fresh rosemary. Let this come to a boil, cover and turn the heat to low. Simmering for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Transfer your rice to a bowl and add in everything else. herbs, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast (optional), tomatoes, spinach and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly space your mushrooms on it.
- Stuff each mushroom generously, lightly pressing down to make more room. You can slightly overfill these as well. Depending on your mushrooms, you might have rice remaining.
- Transfer your mushrooms to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with bread crumbs and bake on broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp the tops.
Recipe courtesy of Udi's.