Gluten Free Tiramisu
The quintessential Italian dessert: tempting crème of delicate Schar Ladyfingers, mascarpone, coffee and cocoa. Perfect for holiday gatherings!
- 1 package Schär Ladyfingers
- 3 egg yolks (large eggs) & 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1-1/4 cups brewed espresso or coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Beat 3 egg yolks with sugar, then add the mascarpone and rum. Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the mixture. Soak the ladyfingers well in coffee; they should not be too hard in the middle. Arrange ladyfingers closely together in a flat glass or ceramic dish. Cover them with half of the mascarpone mixture, then add another layer of ladyfingers and top with another layer of the mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Schär.