Kids are sure to love this Halloween inspired recipe for a fun family dinner.
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound fusilloni pasta cooked and drained Try Caraluzzi's Fusilloni
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- 6 oval crackers like Keebler Town House®, optional
Brown ground chuck in large fry pan. Drain liquid from beef.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in cooked pasta.
Pour into a 9 x 9 baking dish. Top with potato chips and cheese and broil for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and chips are golden brown.
Garnish with green onions and crackers (tombstones).
Photo and recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef