Grilled Chicken Breast with Summer Squash & Lemon Mustard Dressing
- 6 Chicken Breasts halved, skinned and boned (try Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry Chicken Breasts)
- 1 lemon juiced
- Black Pepper try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt & Five Pepper Blend
- 1/3 cup olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 plum tomatoes quartered
- 24 kalamata olives pitted
- ½ cup Capers drained
- 24 Pattypan Squash or Green Squash Sliced
- 2 large red peppers roasted, skinned and cut into ½ in thick strips
- 1 Cup of Dijon Mustard
- To make the Lemon Mustard Dressing, combine lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Preheat out door grill or stove top grill pan to very hot. Toss chicken with lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil to coat. Place on hot grill. Cook about 5 minutes. You want to get good ‘scoring’ or grill marks on the meat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the tomatoes olives, capers, squash. And red peppers together. Place in bottom of an ovenproof 12 x 9 inch pan. Lay chicken over vegetables. Pour on Lemon Mustard Dressing, reserving some of it. Cook for 15 min. in oven.
- To serve, lift a chicken breast out of the pan along with the vegetables bedded underneath. Spoon over reserved Lemon Mustard Dressing. Serve with pasta or rice.