Grilled Flank Steak with Warm Bean Salad
Flank steak is lean and flavorful, and should be thinly sliced against the grain when carving. An ideal choice to marinate.
- 1 1/2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® flank steak; optional cuts - sirloin or flat iron steak
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 bunch arugula or baby spinach stems trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub garlic over steak. Marinate steak in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry; discard marinade. Season steak with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness. Move to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat beans in saucepan; stir in tomatoes, onion, oil and remaining balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon bean mixture onto four plates. Top with arugula. Cut steak crosswise into thin slices. Arrange slices on plates, overlapping beef slightly.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.