Grilled Flank Steak with Warm Bean Salad
Flank steak is lean and flavorful, and should be thinly sliced against the grain when carving. An ideal choice to marinate.
- 1 1/2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® flank steak; optional cuts - sirloin or flat iron steak
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 bunch arugula or baby spinach stems trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Rub garlic over steak. Marinate steak in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
Preheat grill. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry; discard marinade. Season steak with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness. Move to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
Heat beans in saucepan; stir in tomatoes, onion, oil and remaining balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon bean mixture onto four plates. Top with arugula. Cut steak crosswise into thin slices. Arrange slices on plates, overlapping beef slightly.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.