Grilled Hawaiian Beef Kabobs
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin steak cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups 12-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1- inch segment fresh ginger peeled and minced (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 large red onion cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium fresh pineapple cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- Whisk together orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, molasses, vinegar and ginger. Put beef cubes in a large zipper locking plastic bag, Cover with HALF of marinade, remove air, zip closed and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Soak skewers in water if using bamboo.
- Assemble kabobs alternating beef, onion, red pepper and pineapple on skewers. Discard marinade from bag.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Heat reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Grill 4 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning frequently. Brush with warm marinade during grilling process.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.