Grilled Hawaiian Beef Kabobs
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin steak cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups 12-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1- inch segment fresh ginger peeled and minced (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 large red onion cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium fresh pineapple cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
Whisk together orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, molasses, vinegar and ginger. Put beef cubes in a large zipper locking plastic bag, Cover with HALF of marinade, remove air, zip closed and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Soak skewers in water if using bamboo.
Assemble kabobs alternating beef, onion, red pepper and pineapple on skewers. Discard marinade from bag.
Preheat grill to medium high. Heat reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Grill 4 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning frequently. Brush with warm marinade during grilling process.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.