Grilled Italian Sausages with Pasta and Vegetables
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 package Caraluzzi’s Italian Sausage Links
- 2 large bell peppers cut lengthwise into fourths
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta 6 ounces
- 4 plum Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Grill sausages 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until no longer pink in center.
Brush bell pepper pieces with about 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Add to grill for last 10 minutes of cooking time, turning frequently, until crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Cut sausages into 1/2-inch slices; cut bell peppers into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Toss pasta, sausages, bell peppers, tomatoes and remaining dressing. Sprinkle with basil.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Betty Crocker.