Grilled Montreal Beef Tenderloin Filet Mignon
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 5 lb. trimmed beef tenderloin about 5 pounds , trimmed & tied
- Mix Seasoning, parsley and rosemary in small bowl. Brush tenderloin with oil. Rub seasoning mixture evenly over beef tenderloin. Fold thin end of tenderloin underneath. Tie (if not already tied by butcher) with butcher's twine, then tie with twine every 2 inches, so roast keeps its shape. Let beef stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat (about 325°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side. Place beef on unlit side of grill. Close grill.
- Grill 40 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature of thickest part of roast is 125°F, turning occasionally if needed for even cooking. Move roast to lit side of grill. Turn lit side of grill to high.
- Grill, uncovered, an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until roast is slightly charred and has reached desired doneness, turning once. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Photo and recipe courtesy of McCormick.