Grilled Summer Squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil try Caraluzzi’s Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend and Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
- 3 yellow summer squash cut lengthwise into slices (about 1 lb)
- 2 medium zucchini cut lengthwise into slices (about 1 lb)
- Whole fresh basil leaves if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the oil, the vinegar, chopped basil, mustard, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; set aside.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil over yellow squash and zucchini; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place vegetables on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until vegetables are tender.
- Place vegetables in serving bowl. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Garnish with basil leaves.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.