Healthy Salmon Over Mixed Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil try Caraluzzi’s Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar try Caraluzzi’s Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste try Caraluzzi’s Mixed Pepper Blend & Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 5 oz. Pkg. spring mix and other salad items you like (carrots, cucumbers, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan and add garlic and cook for 1 minute on medium heat. Stir in honey, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for approximately 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Place salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet, skin side down. Brush each fillet with the balsamic glaze and bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness). When you remove the salmon from the foil, the skin will stay on the foil.
- Toss the spring mix with your favorite salad additions and a light balsamic dressing. Serve the salmon on top of the salad and enjoy.