Heaven in Vermont Grilled Cheese
Great for lunch or dinner, this grilled cheese features crispy bacon, sweet maple syrup, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread preferably organic
- 4 ounces Caraluzzi's One Year Aged Raw Milk Cheddar shredded
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon cooked until crisp
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- TOP two bread slices with cheese and bacon. Drizzle with maple syrup and press remaining bread slices on top.
- TRANSFER to skillet and cook slowly until golden on underside, reducing heat if needed. Turn and cook until sandwiches are golden on second side and cheese is melted.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Cabot Cheese.