Herb Rubbed Top Round Roast
For best results use Certified Angus Beef brand. The only non-profit Rancher Cooperative on the meat market, Certified Angus Beef holds rigorous standards above the USDA’s, ensuring Certified Angus Beef is always a top cut above prime.
- 1 4-pound Certified Angus Beef top round roast
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend and Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine all ingredients and rub evenly on roast. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 325°F. Roast approximately 1 hour for medium doneness (135-140°F).
- Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 15 minutes before carving thinly against the grain.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.