Herbed Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs. about 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 6 oz. Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan; cover with water. Boil 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Add butter and green onions to cooking pot; heat over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in basil, chives, dill, salt and pepper.
- Heat potatoes in pot over low heat; add cheese and milk. Mash with potato masher until smooth.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Sargento.