Honey Sesame Tuna with Green Beans & Jasmine Rice
- 1 lb. Tuna Steaks or Medallions
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional for heat
- 2 Tablespoons of canola or olive oil
- 1 bag Green Beans
- 1 package Prepared Jasmine Rice or 2 packages
- Toasted Sesame Seeds and lime wedges for garnish optional
- Pat dry and place Tuna in zip lock bag.
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, Toasted Sesame Oil, Honey, Salt, Pepper & Cayenne pepper (optional) until the honey is fully dissolved. Save 3 tablespoons for later but pour the rest into the zip lock bag with the tuna. Can marinate tuna overnight or just 10 minutes in the fridge is fine.
- In a medium skillet over medium to high heat (wait until skillet is hot) add canola/olive oil and then sear the tuna for 2 minutes on each side depending on thickness to achieve medium rare center. Pull tuna and place on cutting board
- Steam or microwave the green beans
- Steam or microwave the jasmine rice
- Slice the tuna into ¼ inch slices while the beans and rice are cooking.
- On serving platter or individual plates lay down rice and place sliced tuna on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and lime as option but then drizzle the 3 tablespoons of the saved sauce over the tuna, rice and green beans.