Honeycrisp Apple, Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
- 1 to 2 Honeycrisp apples cut into wedges and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts trimmed, loose leaves removed, thinly shaved
- 2 large leaves green kale ribs removed, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 5 oz candied pecans
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil try Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch kosher salt
In a large bowl, add sliced apple, shaved brussel sprouts, sliced kale, cranberries and pecans. Toss gently to mix. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and honey, until honey is completely dissolved. Whisk in cider vinegar, olive oil and salt, until completely blended. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently to mix through. Serve.
Recipe NotesShaved brussel sprouts and sliced kale can be combined ahead of time, stored in a ziplock bag or covered and stored in fridge. When ready to serve, simply toss with remaining ingredients. If serving over several days, you may want to add pecans upon each serving to maintain their crunch.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Stemilt.