Kale Salad with Pears and Pecans
- 1 5 oz. package Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale
- 1 pear peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar can substitute
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons organic honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste (try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend)
In a large salad bowl, toss together the five salad ingredients.
To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until smooth and emulsifi ed. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss and enjoy.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Olivia’s Organics