Lamb Loin Chops & Quinoa Salad with Peas, Feta & Mint
- 1 tsp salt try Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
- 1 tsp pepper try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 American Lamb loin chops visible fat trimmed (about 6 oz. ea.)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil try Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Quinoa Salad with Peas, Feta & Mint
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and paprika. Pat lamb dry with paper towels; rub both sides of the chops with spice mixture. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat (or, if grilling, cook over high heat). Add lamb; cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked to 145ºF for medium-rare. Reduce heat to medium if needed. Remove to a clean plate; let rest 5 minutes.
QUINOA SALAD WITH PEAS, FETA AND MINT
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer; rinse under cold water for 2 minutes. In a medium saucepan, combine water and quinoa; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook about 20 minutes. Add peas halfway through cooking. Remove from heat and cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and gently stir in feta, mint, oil, salt and pepper. Serve with chops.
Recipe and photo courtesy of American Lamb.