Leftover Turkey Sage Noodle Soup
Everyone’s favorite way to use the leftover Thanksgiving turkey is to make soup. This easy version has the flavor of sage, tender noodles and peas and carrots.
- 2 teaspoons oil Try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 32 oz. Chicken Stock
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Sage Rubbed
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup medium egg noodles
- 2 cups chopped roast turkey
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until
- softened. Add stock, peas and carrots, sage, thyme and bay leaves; bring to boil.
- Stir in noodles; cover and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are almost tender. Add turkey;
- cook 5 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and turkey is heated through. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Photo and recipe courtesy of McCormick.